Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bunkbeds

Last year my loving husband made my son bunkbeds. Well now it seems my daughter wants them too. She started off just randomly saying she wanted bunkbeds to now its an everyday conversation. Night before last she had to talk to my husband on the phone about them and then when I called her last night she asked if they were finished yet. I told her maybe she can have them for her birthday. She informed me that was months away. lol. So loving husband that he is told me to order the material last week. It is now sitting in his garage. We had to make up a story about what it is there for cause he wants to surprise her with them. My loving husband is not their father but you would never know by the way he acts about them. I never use the word stepdad. They have a dad already and for some reason step just doesnt sit well. The kids call him by his name sometimes they add bear to it. I've never heard them use the word stepdad when talking about him. He helps me tuck them in. He fixes their breakfast and makes our lunches. So my story that started out as a funny story about the want of one little girl for her own bunkbed turned into a story about the love of a man for that little girl. Blood doesnt make you family love does.

1 Comments:

At 3/23/2011 9:19 AM , Blogger MarkD60 said...

Well that sounds nice. And homemade bunk beds are probably better than store bought anyway!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home