Saturday, March 12, 2005

Strength

Inward and outward. physical and mental. Outward strength is easy all one has to do is train to get it. Inward strength comes from the soul. Life is always teaching us things. It is how we learn from these lessons that makes us strong. From a young age my parents taught me to stand on my own two feet. Life taught me that at any time my feet could be knock out from under me. So I would stand up brush my butt off and learn to be stronger. I know I can face what the world has to throw at me but at times it would be nice for me to have some one to help pick me up and brush my butt off. Tough as nails but still soft as a cloud on the inside. My faith is my strength. As a teenage I made a promise to myself no matter how bad life got death was not an option. No matter how much life tried to break me, I would stand strong. Oh to have the faith of a child again.

The world sends out mixed signals on what it wants todays women to be like. We need to be strong in the workplace but submissive in the home. Why cant we truely be equals? Why is our strength a turn on when we are dating but a problem when we get married? Can our strength be one of our greatest weaknesses?

3 Comments:

At 3/13/2005 12:00 AM , Blogger Desiree said...

our greatest strengths are always our greatest weakness and yes you can be equals, he is out there just too stubborn to ask for directions hun, don't worry he will get there...if not me and becca will hunt him down for ya hehehehe

 
At 3/14/2005 12:22 PM , Blogger Pedro said...

Always remain passionate and enthusiastic - have that inner child within you at all times - cos children are pure geniuses.

"The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which mean never losing your enthusiasm."
(Aldous Huxley, English writer)

More...

;p

 
At 3/16/2005 12:55 PM , Blogger Pedro said...

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
(Christopher Reeve, 25 Sep 1952 - 10 Oct 2004)

More...

;p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home