Thursday, November 17, 2005

Have we forgotten Thanksgiving?

I am beginning to wonder if everyone has forgotten that there is a holiday in November. My neighbor has had their Christmas lights up for over 2 weeks. The mall is full of trees. Have we all forgotten to be thankful? I know I have. On the way to taking my kids to school today it hit me hard. My daughter had a little girl in here class last year that is not there this year. She is fighting for her life. I got thinking how easily it could have been one of my stars. I am thankful that it isnt. Cancer knows no age. There is a reason Thanksgiving comes before Christmas. We cant truely understand Christmas if we arent thankful first. I am truely blessed but I forget it way to much. I am thankful that God blessed me with my stars so that I can see life thru their eyes. I am thankful that God has never given up on me. Although I wonder at time why He doesnt just strike me dead. LOVE complete and total love. My best friend told me that other day that she was glad to see me smiling. What was the reason for this smile. My daughter had just told me she loved me and to have a great day. How can you not have a great day after that?

1 Comments:

At 11/17/2005 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunsh|ne,

death defies what is
what is, is what can be
what can be is life
life defies death

cancer, the devils disease .....

moonsyne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home