Friday, November 04, 2005

"Time heals all wounds"

Ok I have no idea who said this saying but Im beginning to think they were wrong. Time doesnt heal them. Time may make you forget them. Time may make them seem less important but healing them I dont think so. Some wounds never really heal we just put a bandaid over them and hope they will go away. We all carry battle scars from our childhood from past relationships from life in general. We may come to terms with our wounds but that doesnt mean that they are not reopened the next time something reminds us of them. One of my wounds is "Pack your shit and get the f*** out". I heard this for over 6 months before I finally did just that. So now I carry that with me into my new relationship. When I pack up from staying at his place for the weekend I make sure I dont leave anything behind that I cant live without cause Im scared come next week the lock will be changed and I will no longer be welcome. I know this is silly cause they are two totally different guys but the wound hasnt healed I guess. Or maybe its healed but I can still see the scar. So the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" applies too. Words can hurt more than action. If he had broken my bones they would have healed by now but he broke my belief in myself. They made me try to change who I was. I believed his words even when I knew that he was wrong. Time may heal some wounds but the scars from words can also be left forever.

2 Comments:

At 11/06/2005 3:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

life has its ups and downs .... and the past makes you who you are today .... but when you notice your past is affecting your future ( which most people are way to blind to see ) .... then there is always the oportunity to alter your direction ....

Never stop thinking about the past .... but dont let it affect your future ....

Make love not war ....

moonshyne

 
At 11/07/2005 10:09 AM , Blogger redgirl said...

awwwwwwwwww huggles

The past always affects the future but it is the way that you let it affect it that matters. learn from your mistakes and pray you never make them again.

I hope you are doing great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home