Sunday, May 15, 2005

Forgiveness

What a huge word. Went to church today and the Sunday school lesson was on forgiveness of others and not judging others. I have learned over the last few years that I cant judge anything that another person does cause I am not in their shoes. I dont know what drove them to the point of doing what they did. The preacher said something that has been on my mind all day. "If Christ can forgive the man that nailed him to the cross, why do you think He cant forgive what you have done?" I think the problem lies in that we cant forgive ourselves at times for things we have done. We pray for forgiveness from God but we cant give our guilt and pain over to Him too. Our brains dont let us just wipe the slate clean and forgive ourselves. We can forgive others but ourselves we punish for life. Forgiveness of ourselves is sooo very hard. Maybe one day I will learn how to forgive myself for the things I have done. In the mean time I just pray that God forgives me. It is Him that I will have to answer to not anyone else.

3 Comments:

At 5/16/2005 7:11 AM , Blogger Desiree said...

I think some people forget forgiveness is more than just forgiving. Love ya reddie, your os on the right track and very proud of ya :)

"I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note - torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one."

"True forgiveness is not an action after the fact, it is an attitude with which you enter each moment."

 
At 5/16/2005 8:13 PM , Blogger redgirl said...

becca,
If hope and pray that with God forgiveness is forgetness too. I hope He can forgive me for the things I have done

 
At 5/17/2005 5:24 AM , Blogger redgirl said...

i love ya too sweetie and I know that the world is full over evil people. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr "what the world needs now is love sweet love" hmmmmmmmmm can i change that to what reddie needs now is love sweet love

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home