Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"I believe in love the verb, not the noun."

Well thanks to lavie and cornie i bought the book "he's just not that into you". Took me 2 days to read it. Now if I can just learn to use it. I already had my own dating rules. #1 no guys over when my stars are home #2 I dont call and #3 Im always right. oh #4 when in doubt refer back to rule #3. One of my favorite sayings from the book is " Personally, when I'm picking friends, I like the ones who dont make me cry myself to sleep." that one hit home hard. In my life Ive had many so called friends that have left me crying myself to sleep. I wonder why I put up with it. I have always had the need for the whole world to love me warped as that may seem. But I am learning that the world can love me for who I am or they can just go away. Love is suppose to be sweet and gentle and kind not hurtful and angry and demeaning. Love is suppose to lift us up not tear us down. Love is suppose to make you happy not cry. Love is suppose to make you heart sing not wish you didnt have a heart. Love is putting the person you love needs before yours. Just the smile on their face makes you happy. If you have to hide that you love someone then it aint love. Love is a verb full of action. Love is the purest of all emotions. We all deserved to be loved.
I laugh at the chapter about asking guys out. My other mother the other week said its the 21st century why dont you ask him out. Him being her son who Ive known my whole life. And as a teenager I would have died if he asked me out. Well I thought about it then but guess what if he liked me you think in the 20 some years ive known him he would have asked me out. I so want to tell her now that mom "he's just not that into me." lol
Thank you lavie and cornie for sharing this book. Make me think and laugh. I love ya'll very much. Keep smiling and laughing.

4 Comments:

At 5/12/2005 8:24 AM , Blogger Desiree said...

yay great book woot and wow i so highlighted the one about crying to sleep as did cornie lvoe that one. were so much a like yet were all so different. you guys have both helped me so much and i am so thankful :) i love u both and reddie i am oh so proud of u

 
At 5/12/2005 2:02 PM , Blogger redgirl said...

lavie thank you for making me believe in myself. huge huggles love ya

 
At 5/12/2005 2:03 PM , Blogger redgirl said...

i so want to hit a few guys with this book. love ya cornie

 
At 5/13/2005 4:47 AM , Blogger Desiree said...

awww ur welcome i love u

oh and dont hurt the book get the frying pan :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home