Monday, December 06, 2010

COLD

I dont like the cold. If I wear enough clothes to stay warm, I cant move. I think I still have toes. lol. But it wouldnt feel like Christmas if is wasnt cold. As a child I would dream of having a white Christmas. Snow on the ground riding my sled to Grandma's house. I think as we get older we get sooo wrapped up in all our everyday chores that we forget the magic. The magic of dancing in the rain or running around in the yard with our mouths open trying to catch the first few flakes of snow that fall. We get in such a hurry to going from house to house at Christmas that we forget why we even wanted to go there in the first place. We forget to sit and listen to the stories of our family. To laugh and love. Its not about what is under the tree but what is under our skin. The joy of the season is often lost in the "present"ation. This year as I sit and listen to my family talk I will try to take it all in and guard the memories in my heart. Will my children remember that they didnt get that new cd or will they remember that we all sat around the table laughing and loving? I remember the Christmas that I spent a whole day wrapping my aunt's Christmas presents for her cause she was too sick to wrap them herself. She would tell me whos gift it was and the tell me which paper to wrap the present in. She died later that week just a week before Christmas. I dont remember what I got for Christmas that year just that she gave me the best gift of all that year. Her love and memories. Time is the most precious gift of all.

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2010 7:27 AM , Blogger MarkD60 said...

I don't like the cold either. It's cold here right now, but it's all relative, like in the fall when it first drops down to 50 degrees, everyone gets their winter coat, but in the spring, when it gets up to 50 for the first time, everyone is in shorts and T-Shirts. It's the same 50, but everyones perception is different.
Memories...The years cycle by, and the same events happen over and over. The conditions change. I remember my Grandfathers farm in winter. He was born in 1895 and died in 1976.

 
At 12/16/2010 2:50 PM , Blogger MarkD60 said...

Dec 7th, 1941. Japanese attack Pearl Harbor.

Dec 7th 2010, Redgirl begins to neglect her blog.

:-)

Hope you're OK

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home