Friday, December 03, 2010

A PLACE TO THINK

I have a place that I love to go to to just think and be closer to God. If I cant actually go there I just think about being there. I listen to the wind and just let my thoughts go with the wind. The memories of all the times I have spent there. The laughter the tears. I can remember as a child flying kites there. As a teenager I would run there. My quiet spot. It has changed very little from when I was a child. The pear tree is bigger but neglected. The old path is gone. The person that now farms the land got rid of the path and joined the two fields. I use to imagine the old path led to my house in the woods. My home surrounded by my quiet spot. Time changes the looks of everything but the memories are mine to love.

2 Comments:

At 12/04/2010 7:52 AM , Blogger MarkD60 said...

I try to make it a point to get in the sea everyday. (I don't do as good a job as I used to.)
When I get stressed, or in a bind, I think about that moment after I dive in the water and the feeling and sound before coming up for that first breath.

It helps.

I posted a link from my blog to yours.

 
At 12/04/2010 10:25 AM , Blogger redgirl said...

Thank you. hope you have a great weekend

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home