Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ok so I need to post before the posting police come and get me. I am sooo trying to get into the Christmas spirit but having a very hard time. We havent put out the yard ornaments. I still have one tree in the attic to get down and decorate. no Christmas cards done. Three years ago my grandmother died Christmas eve morning. I was by her side holding her hand telling her it was ok. It is hitting me hard this year. My other grandma is not doing to great this year. I have soo many things to be greatful for. Last year we werent sure my grandma would be here this Christmas but here she is one tough cookie. We each have our own problems mine are small compared to others. My husband is sooo great. my glue my rock. He keeps me going and doesnt fuss when all I want to do is just fall apart. He keeps telling me everything is gonna be ok.

On to better things. Today is my son's 10th birthday. He has grown soo fast. We are going to have dinner at my mom's cause he said he wanted to have dinner with grandma (my grandma). That is what he told me he wanted for his birthday. hamburgers and icecream cake and family. there is nothing better in this world than family and love.

3 Comments:

At 12/21/2010 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son!! My son's Birthday is Dec. 30th, he will be 35...eeeek!! The loss of a family member at Christmas is a very sad thing. I'm sorry for your loss. My daddy has been gone for 6 years. I really miss him. But this is what I do and it makes me feel like he is here. At dinner on Christmas, I put his picture on a side table and light a candle. I also have a photo of Bob's mom and dad too. Somehow, it makes us feel they are there too. You might try it, hopefully it will work for you. Merry Christmas!! and thanks for stopping in at Happy Days!...debbie

 
At 12/21/2010 10:43 AM , Blogger redgirl said...

Debbie,

thank you very much for the idea.

 
At 12/22/2010 4:49 AM , Blogger MarkD60 said...

Yes, the blog police were on their way, you posted just in time!
I remember when I turned 10, I thought I was old. A decade!
Maybe you should go put up the yard ornaments, maybe that will make you feel more in the holiday spirit? Then you can leave them up till July!

Sorry about your Grandma, I miss my relatives. Losing them is a part of life. Grieve but you can't let it cripple you.

Hope you feel better and have a happy holiday season!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home